Instituto Potosino de Investigación Científica
y Tecnologica, A.C., Mexico (IPICyt) recently
showcased their analysis results at the GTM 2013 conference held in
Atlanta. They combined literature and patent analysis in Patent iNSIGHT
Pro to come up with trends and insights on various topics. Here are
the links to their reports by topic:
2014 - Patent iNSIGHT Pro v5.0 now out ! New features
- Upgrade to latest Microsoft .NET Framework: The
new version has been rebuilt on the latest Microsoft framework that
brings with it many performance and improved UI capabilities
- Full Text data downloads supports 15 countries:
Patent iNSIGHT Pro now includes inbuilt capability to download clean
XML data via API from PatSeer and any Patent iNSIGHT Pro user can use
this enhanced download service even if they don’t have a PatSeer
- PatSeer Search and Project downloads: PatSeer subscribers
can search PatSeer directly from the software and also download records
directly by querying online projects in PatSeer. So if you have created
a set of patents within a Project in PatSeer you can view and download
it with ease in Patent iNSIGHT Pro
- User Defined Categories: Importing categories from
Excel files as been made easier and Parent-Child relationships (e.g.
Method | Drying) can also be directly imported from Excel files from
the Create UDC from Excel option
- New Journal Formats Added: Support for exports from
Web of Science Database has been added to the Journal import capability
- Reports Dashboard: Assignee and Inventor Country
analysis and related charts added to the dashboard
- VizMAP Improvements:
- UDC selection option: You restrict you analysis
to a particular UDC set when using the Top UDC option within Key
- Contour Maps: Support for generating contextual
contour maps over Derwent Title/Abstracts data has been added.
- Contour support in Sharable Maps: Contour Maps
can also be shared with any colleague using the Sharable Map option
- Citation Tree: PatSeer subscribers can generate
live citation maps with real-time data coming from PatSeer. You can
thereby generate forward/backward citation maps for a single/group of
records in seconds without having to go through the set creation process
- Tabular Word Export and US front page Image downloads and many other
- Patent iNSIGHT Pro v4.5 now out ! New features include:
- Assignee / Inventor Country Support - Import and
Analysis added across all charts and matrices.
- New Database support - Added support for Orbit patent
database CSV export.
- More Searchable fields - Many more searchable fields
added, viz. Priority Country, Attorney, Family Members, Backward Citation,
Forward Citation, Number of Backward Citation, Number of Forward Citation,
Number of Family members, Legal status and Family ID.
- VizMAP Enhancements - Map images exported from VizMAP
now in high resolution to enable printing on large formats. Bubble size
control options added.
- Search across all reports now 10x faster: You can
now search across all your reports and catalogues in seconds as the
underlying module has been fully upgraded.